There are so many reasons to love Fall … You have the obvious like football season and the crisp, cool air that moves in. But there is so much more to it for me; it is the beginning of the holiday season which means decorating, baking, and crafting.
These Are a Few of my Favorite Things
If you know me well, you know that I love to bake and craft; I crave the creative outlet. But kids, work, and family responsibilities have seriously cut into my time and energy when it comes to these things. Last year I actually vowed to stop crafting to save my peace of mind.
But Halloween can be such a fun and exciting time for the kids, so I probably do a little more in October than any other time of the year. I have always felt like you are either into these things or not, but is that really true? Maybe everyone would be into occasional crafting and baking if it was quick, easy, and available at your finger tips.
How to be The Crazy Halloween Mom
- For breakfast, we make these witch’s hats with Nutella in place of the chocolate chips. Easy peasy.
- This Halloween themed bark is sweet, simple, and delish.
- These monster eye cookies are a hit with the kids, but they do not package well as a class gift. They truly are OOEY GOOEY!!
- I made these “BOO” Nana Pops when the kids were little. They of course looked nothing like the pics on Pinterest but were delicious and easy.
- These hot dog mummies are always a hit; my kids ask for (and eat) pigs in a blanket once a week, so these spice it up a little in October.
- I saw these precious door decorations and thought it would be fun for the kids bedroom door. None of the decorations were fancy and everything came from the Target dollar section.
- A couple of years ago we made these simple but spooky monster eyes for the bushes in our front flower bed. The kids still get excited every time we pull in the driveway and see them.
- Candy free class gifts can get tricky, but they don’t have to be difficult. These play doh monsters were a big hit last year for pre k-4. And I love a free printable!
- If you have a jokester in your family, these joke tellers will be a HUGE hit! Full disclaimer, cutting and folding for 22 kids was easy but time consuming…
- Make sure to keep everyone visible and safe halloween night, give these glow in the dark bracelets for your kids party gift.
Hopefully some of these ideas will get you in the Halloween spirit. This is one way for us to have fun with the kids and keep them entertained while we wait on the cool weather to arrive.