Every November I get the urge to end the year with a bang. To me, November is a month of giving back and being thankful for the things we have. I feel like it is a month to go the extra mile. I have compiled a list of things to do to help bring cheer to those during the holiday season. You never know the struggles others are having, so I like to bring joy and show people that there is still kindness amid chaos.
Here are some things you can do to make this November one to remember.
- Send flowers to someone going through a tough time
- Send a card to someone who needs some encouragement
- Offer to babysit for a couple to have a date night
- Donate to a food drive
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Donate Blood
- Send a friend an encouraging text
- Spend time with your siblings
- Shop for an elderly neighbor
- Cook a meal for someone
- Donate unwanted clothes to a shelter
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Tip your waitress double
- Pay for someone’s coffee
This is just a short list of things that could brighten someone’s day this holiday season. I hope you can find it in your heart to take a few things from this list and bring cheer to someone who might need it. It has been a tough year for many and so many of us are struggling.