Disclosure:: This post is sponsored by the office of Dr. J. Kevin Duplechain.
3 Ways for Moms to Put Their Best Face Forward This Spring
As a husband to an incredible wife and mother of our children and cosmetic surgeon who works with a number of moms on a daily basis, I have the honor of spending my days surrounded by strong, inspiring women. It also means I see firsthand how often moms put others before themselves.
Having children can be as rewarding as it is challenging—and it’s normal to feel like you’ve lost some of your identity outside of being a parent. It’s also normal to let self-care and other rituals take a backseat, leaving many moms feeling run down. As the seasons change, it’s the perfect time to give yourself a little refresh and confidence boost with the help of a professional.
1. Enjoy 30 minutes of uninterrupted pampering with a HydraFacial
The HydraFacial is among one of the most popular facial treatments at our practice, for good reason. This gentle, soothing facial treatment stands out for its ability to gently clear away dirt, debris, and oils from the skin while infusing moisture and nourishment through special serums. While moms who visit us love the refreshed glow and clear complexion they have after treatment, they also appreciate having a bit of time to themselves to relax away from the demands of work and home.
My team of devoted skin specialists make treatment as tranquil as possible so you can sit back, close your eyes, and enjoy a little TLC. Your aesthetician will begin by gently cleansing your skin of any residual makeup before beginning the 3-step HydraFacial process:
- Cleanse & Exfoliate: The HydraFacial device is used to “deplane” the skin, opening up pores and sweeping away the uppermost layer of dead skin cells and debris. A light, gentle peel of glycolic and salicylic acid is then applied for deeper exfoliation.
- Extractions: Using the vortex-extraction nozzle, we will “vacuum” the surface of your skin to de-clog your pores and clear away any leftover gunk that’s congesting your skin.
- Serum application: We finish off by infusing your skin with antioxidant rich serum to help promote hydration, elasticity, and collagen production, leaving you with a red-carpet glow.
2. Improve hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and more with state-of-the-art lasers
A lot happens to your skin during pregnancy and, in many cases, a facial can’t quite give you the results you want. If you’re hoping for something that offers more dramatic improvements without extended downtime, laser skin resurfacing may be just the ticket.
- Correct sun damage, uneven skin tone, and red or brown spots
- Soften scars from acne, injury, or previous surgery (including c-section scarring!)
- Improve collagen and elastin production
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles on the face and chest
- Treat rosacea and facial veins
There are many types of cosmetic lasers designed to address different and specific concerns—and given their power, they need to be chosen and used correctly. As such, it’s key to work with a practice who is very experienced and has a variety of lasers (so they can recommend what’s just right for you).
3. Take a shot at wrinkles with BOTOX and dermal fillers
It’s a common joke that kids cause gray hair, but we most often see other signs of premature aging, such as creasing on the brow, smile lines around the eyes and mouth, and loss of volume in the midface.
To help take years off your appearance without having to take days off work, injectable
treatments are an exceptional choice. There are two primary types of injectables:
- BOTOX & other neurotoxins: These products work by interrupting signals betweenyour nerves and muscles, allowing expression lines to relax on the forehead, between the brows, around the eyes, and more.
- Dermal fillers: Fillers, on the other hand, do not impact the way your muscles behave but instead add volume beneath the surface of your skin to soften wrinkles and plump up the midface for a more youthful look. Fillers can also be used to enhance the shape and size of the lips.
When injected by an experienced provider, BOTOX and dermal fillers should not give you a frozen or overly “done” look. Instead, they should provide subtle improvements that look and feel totally natural.
BOTOX and fillers can work in harmony to give your entire face an uplifted and younger look, or they can be used separately to address your primary concerns. Working together with your cosmetic surgeon or experienced nurse injector, you can explore the different products and determine which is the best fit for your needs.
Bonus tip: always work with a pro for safe, gorgeous results
While it can be tempting to book a quick facial at the nearest spa, it’s important that you work with a provider who will keep you safe and provide the results you want. A specialty trained cosmetic surgeon, nurse injector, or highly trained aesthetician working under MD-supervision will have appropriate hygiene practices, training, and experience to ensure you have a positive experience and feel great about your results.
Now, book an appointment, leave your kids with the sitter, and go help your natural beauty shine through!
About Dr. J. Kevin Duplechain
Dr. Kevin Duplechain is a cosmetic surgeon and diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery based in Lafayette. With a reputation for exceptional care and stunning results, Dr. Duplechain has over 25 years of experience helping patients from all walks of life feel more comfortable and confident through expertly performed cosmetic surgery and minimally invasive treatments.
To Learn More about Dr. J. Kevin Duplechain’s Practice Visit: