Finding meals the entire family loves is tough. One kid will eat anything, the other is super picky, the husband isn’t a fan of repeat after repeat meals… unless it’s this one.
Oven “Fried” Breaded Pork Chops
I found this recipe on Skinny Taste a few years ago. Now when we see pork chops on sale it’s the first thing everyone asks that I make. I have made my own changes to what my crew likes and the time I have when cooking the meal. It’s done in under an hour, can be paired with any side and we can usually eat on the leftovers for a couple of days (depending on the size of pork chop).
- 6 3/4-inch thick center-cut boneless pork chops, fat trimmed (5 oz each)
- kosher salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a nonstick pan and spray with oil.
2. Season pork chops. The original recipe says to just season with salt on both sides, but you know us South Louisiana women… we like a little more spice!
3. Combine panko and seasonings in a shallow bowl or plate.
4. Place beaten egg in another shallow bowl or plate. Dip the pork chop into egg and then into the panko mixture.
5. Place on the pan and repeat with all pork chops.
6. Lightly spray a little more oil on top of the pork chops, then bake for 20 minutes.
We like to pair this with the old trusty mac and cheese on a quick night. I have also paired it with salad and veggies. It’s a great quick meal that you can use any side you have available at home.
I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine!