‘Tis the season for festivities, parties, and potlucks. If you’re tired of bringing the same ole’ chestnuts roasted by the open fire, then here’s the perfect recipe I concocted for when you need a snack AND a pick me up!
Toffee Coffee Pretzels with Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
- 1 bag mini twist Pretzels (16 oz)
- 1 bag Heath toffee bits
- 1 bag Chocolate covered espresso beans (4oz)
- 2T Powdered sugar
- 3T Sugar
- 2T Finely ground coffee
- ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- 2T Strong brewed coffee
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Stir together vegetable oil, brewed coffee, and vanilla extract to create a wet mixture
- In a large mixing bowl, toss pretzels in the wet mixture
- Pour ½ the bag of toffee bits over the pretzels and gently stir
- Spread the coated pretzel mixture onto a cookie sheet in a single layer and bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the toffee bits have slightly melted around the pretzels.
- In a food processor, combine sugar, powered sugar, ground coffee, ground cinnamon, and cocoa powder together to make a fine dry mixture.
- Immediately when the pretzels come out of the oven, dust them with half of the dry mixture
- Once the pretzels have cooled, transfer into a Ziploc bag, add the remaining dry mixture, and shake until coated.
- Let sit overnight to fully absorb the flavors
- When ready to serve, pour your pretzel mix into a large bowl (or a giant coffee mug would make for a nice presentation)
- Top with additional toffee bits and the chocolate covered espresso beans.