When it comes to mess-free, quick meals, a crockpot is the way to go. I have decided to share my top 2 favorite crockpot meals that I hope can help make dinner mess-free and quick for your busy family.
The first one puts a spin on the Cajun classic red beans and rice. It is quick, super tasty, and EASY. If you are challenged in the kitchen, like me. This is an easy way to make a classic in the kitchen. I got the original recipe from Pinterest but did a little tweaking.
Red Beans and Rice
- 1-pound dried red kidney beans rinsed
- 1/2-pound smoked sausage thinly sliced (smoked)
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 7 cups of water
- 4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- green onions chopped, for garnish
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Cajun Seasoning to taste
Combine all ingredients except the rice.
Stir. Cook on high for 6 hours. Cook some rice. Viola.
My second addition to this list puts a spin on classic chili. Chicken chili, which is, you guessed it.. made in the crockpot. Even better, it is low calorie too. The recipe also originally from Pinterest with some tweaking.
Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- 1 15- oz. can black beans
- 1 15.25- oz. can corn undrained
- 1 10- oz. can Rotel tomatoes undrained
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 8- oz. package light cream cheese
- 3 chicken breasts
- Cajun seasoning to taste
Place chicken at the bottom of the crockpot.
Place the rest of the ingredients in the crockpot (except cream cheese)
Place cream cheese on top.
Cook on high for 6 hours. Remove the top, shred chicken with a fork, and stir.
Hope you enjoy these recipes as much as my family does. Both are great to throw in the freezer for a quick meal too!