A Boo-tiful Time Awaits :: Lafayette’s Family-Friendly Halloween Festivities
As the air turns crisp and leaves transform into vibrant hues of orange and red (we wish), Lafayette gears up for a season of spooktacular celebrations. Halloween is just around the corner, and families in Lafayette are in for a treat with a plethora of family-friendly events that promise chills, thrills, and unforgettable memories. Whether you have little ghouls, witches, or superheroes in tow, Lafayette has something for everyone. So grab your pumpkin spice latte and don your favorite costume, because “A Boo-tiful Time Awaits” in Lafayette this Halloween!
In this guide, I’ve handpicked the top 6 family-friendly Halloween events that are perfect for creating cherished moments with your little ones (or not-so-little ones). From drive-thru light displays to fall festivals and corn mazes, each event offers a unique twist on the traditional spooky season.
Join us as we dive into Lafayette’s Halloween extravaganza that’s sure to leave a spellbinding impression on young and old alike.
1. Halloween Themed Drive-Thru Light Display at Bridge Point Productions
- Dates: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from October 13th to 31st
- Time: 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Location: Bridge Point Productions
- Admission: $25 per car/truck, $40 for a van
- Details: Immerse yourself in a mesmerizing Halloween-themed drive-thru light display. Enjoy the festive ambiance with your family while driving through a dazzling spectacle of lights. Tickets can be purchased in advance here!
2. Boo Bayou Fall Fest at Vermilionville
- Date: October 21st
- Time: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Location: Vermilionville
- Admission: $5 for ages 2 and older
- Details: Join the Boo Bayou Fall Fest for a day of trick-or-treating, old-time games, face painting, and more. This delightful event at Vermilionville offers a taste of nostalgia and Halloween fun for the whole family.
3. Autumn in the Oaks at Moncus Park
- Date: October 28th
- Time: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Location: Moncus Park
- Admission: Free
- Details: Embrace the autumn spirit at Moncus Park’s Autumn in the Oaks event. Enjoy interactive games, hay rides, and a variety of family-friendly activities. This free event is a wonderful opportunity for families to celebrate the season together.
4. Trunk or Treats
- Date: October 28th
- Time: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Location: Little Blessings Childcare and Preschool (901 E Main St, Broussard, LA 70518)
- Details: Lafayette is bustling with trunk-or-treat events. One of them is hosted by Little Blessings Childcare and Preschool. Join in the festivities with food, games, prizes, and of course, lots of treats.
5. LSU Ag Center Corn Maze (Baton Rouge)
- Dates: Every Saturday in October
- Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Location: LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens
- Details: If you’re up for a short drive, the LSU AgCenter in Baton Rouge offers an exciting corn maze adventure. Get lost in the twists and turns of the maze, and make sure to purchase your tickets in advance here!
6. Pumpkin Patch by 2KB Farm LLC + Petting Zoo (Opelousas)
- Location: 865 Mulberry Rd, Opelousas
- Admission: $10 (includes pumpkin and hayride)
- Details: Head to Opelousas for a pumpkin-filled adventure at 2KB Farm LLC’s Pumpkin Patch. Explore the patch, pick your favorite pumpkin, and enjoy a hay ride. Plus, make furry friends at the petting zoo!
Get Ready to Spook and Sparkle!
With “A Boo-tiful Time Awaits :: Lafayette’s Family-Friendly Halloween Festivities,” you’re armed with the ultimate guide to making this Halloween season unforgettable for your family. Lafayette’s charming blend of spooky and spectacular ensures that every event is a treasure trove of memories.
As you explore the pumpkin patches, marvel at creative costumes, and indulge in delectable treats, remember that it’s not just about the candy and decorations. It’s about coming together as a community, sharing laughter, and relishing the joy of the season with your little ones.
These moments are the true magic of Halloween.
Whether you’re capturing candid snapshots of your little superheroes or joining in the dance at a harvest festival, each experience adds a chapter to your family’s story. So go ahead, embrace the crisp autumn air, the sound of excited giggles, and the thrill of the unknown—it’s all part of the adventure that is Halloween in Lafayette.
I wish you and your family a spooky, sparkly, and heartwarming Halloween. May your days be filled with treats, your nights be illuminated by jack-o’-lantern smiles, and your hearts be brimming with cherished moments.