With Hurricane Ida brewing in the Gulf, I wanted to remind my other Louisiana Women to be sure to complete their hurricane checklist.
No, not the FEMA one, but you can look at that one here.
I’m talking about the official unofficial checklist every Louisiana woman processes before a hurricane.
- Cut your grass. In spite of knowing that it is more beneficial to leave grass longer to reduce flooding, we still cut it.
- Move the plant babies. Duh.
- Cut any pretty flowers and bring them inside. Not planning to share my pretties with Ida.
- Prep your gumbo supplies.
- Clean your house. I would love for someone to explain the phenomenon of this compulsion to me. It makes ZERO sense because no tree chooses to fall onto a clean house.
- Charge all the things.
- Fill your bathtub up with water. Does anyone know why we do this? To have water for flushing toilets? Also, double-check that drain seal because walking into an empty tub is a little panic-inducing.
- Ice down your adult beverage of choice.
- Wash all the hair and shave all the parts.
- Sleep with a bra and cute jammies on just in case you’re on the news in the morning.